2013년 11월 14일 목요일

Which one book benefited you the most and how?


Everyone in the world they at least read one book unless they are not in situation to read a book. We get writers’ opinion or arguments by reading their books and sometimes we agree with them. Book that benefited me the most is “Walden” by Henry David Thoreau. There lots of book that benefited me but “Walden” benefited me the most. I read “Walden” when I was in 10th grade and the reason that I read it is because it was one of book that I read for English class. The book is about the life in nature. Henry David Thoreau went to the forest to live for two years. He wants to leave the human society. He was tire of living with other people and he wanted to live new life in new place that was in forest. He only met few people while he was living in the forest. He seems to be tire of getting involve with people at the beginning of the book but later, I can see that he was missing his life before he live in the forest. At the last page of the story, he went back to human society and lives with other people.

Henry David Thoreau wanted new life with no one’s help and without human made goods. However, at the beginning of the book when he first builds the house, he made table and few chairs for the visitors. He actually wants someone to come and visit him. Also, he did not want anything from human society but when he saw the railroad he seems to interrupt his mind. He thoughts he do not need anyone or anything that are relate to the human society but actually he does. But he survived in the forest for nearly two years alone with few visitors. He also wanted to tell people that living busy in the humans’ society is not always benefit humans. They actually need time to relax and rest their bodies. I think this is the reason why Henry David Thoreau went to the forest alone and spent his two years in there. So he built the small school for the children and learns naturally from the forest. But the parents would not allow their children to be stupid and just playing around. So the school had to be close.

 I think Henry David Thoreau want to show people that sometimes it is important to relax and live human society for a while even sometimes we feel lonely. He seems to not have human made things with him but he built his own house and furniture to live. He also read books at the beginning of the story. He seems to miss his life before but he hold on until he is really tire of his new life. Book “Walden” was the book that benefited me the most. I think there are more books that benefited me a lot but “Walden” was the last book that I read interested. “Walden” benefited me by teaching me about the positive and negative of human society but because we born and live in human society we are too involve with it.
 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기